Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pozole

Clayton's latest obsession has been making hominy and corn tortillas from scratch. I mean, grinding-the-dried-corn-kernels scratch. While in Amish country, he finally found the parched corn he has been dreaming about.(Seriously) He managed to find some Cal and so last Sunday he made Pozole with homemade Hominy and then ground his own tortilla dough for tortilla chips. The tortillas were good but we decided it was way too much trouble. At least he can say he made it. The Pozole was awesome and Clayton can make some killer beans.
I don't know why I don't let him cook more often....



Oh yeah.... This is why. I think he used every dish and covered every inch of counter space.Oh well. It was worth it. Thanks for a great dinner honey!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

He must have inherited his cooking skills from Dad. :)

Diana said...

Seriously, seeing that pic of Clayton in the kitchen made me laugh so hard. Like father like son. Dad is an awesome cook, but he loves to dirty the dishes too. Washing them, not so much. Gotta love it.

betsey said...

I see a second career for Clayton as a gourmet chef :) You guys could open a restaurant. You do need him to cook more often :)

Linda C. said...

Yes,I know about the messes. Like father like son. I think I tried to warn you. :) It is fun to spend time in the kitchen. The food is usually so good I don't mind cleaning up.