We kicked off New Year's Eve at my Dad's office where we got together with lots of Crandalls to play games, eat junk food and watch movies. Then we headed over to the Carpenters and played Mexican train.
Just before midnight, I made Funnel cakes. They tasted great with ice cream.
The kids weren't gonna make it til midnight so we put them to bed and were going to wake them up for the count down.
Quinton woke up .
My sis-in-law found a great idea to pick a word to focus on for the new year instead of trying to make a list of resolutions.
She picked "Peace"
I choose to "Awake"
To wake up to the blessings great and small all around me
... to be alert and aware of others in need
...go to bed at a reasonable hour so I don't feel like a zombie all day
...actually get up and dressed in the morning before my kids and be ready for whatever comes my way.
We could have family breakfast together including family scripture study and prayer.
Doesn't that sound heavenly?
Happy New Year loved ones! It's going to be great!
3 comments:
I love your word! Best wishes becoming more awake in 2010.
Oooh, I really like that idea:) sounds much more versatile!
How fun Eva! Your kiddos are so BIG!!! You have an adorable fam...
Post a Comment