Monday, May 2, 2011

Easter

 Easter was going to be a rainy, soggy weekend. Which we have had a lot of lately. I decided we needed some sunlight so I found a community egg hunt going on in Cuyahoga falls about 40 minutes away. The weather there was sunny and in the 60's so on Saturday afternoon, off we went.

I've never been to one of these community egg hunts before and while I would say the weather made it worth the drive, the event certainly did not. There were a ton of parents and kids and they split them into groups by age into big circles. The local boys scouts tossed a bunch of candy and eggs in the center and blew a horn. All the kids (and most parents) ran out and started grabbing eggs. Caleb came out looking a little shell shocked with a total of 3 eggs.

Caleb is in the very center
It lasted a about 4 minutes. I nervously asked Caleb," Well hey! That was fun. Right Caleb?....right?"
Yeah. I think his face says it all.
 On Sunday we had a very nice service and truly felt the spirit about the real reason we celebrate Easter. My nursery kids actually sat and listened for my entire lesson. I put a picture of the Savior and a picture of a bunny on the board and asked which one is Easter all about. They of course said the bunny but I think by the end of my lesson they understood that it is all about Christ and what a wonderful gift he gave us. MUCH better than chocolate. Though when I asked the children what Mary saw when she looked into the tomb.(answer: nothing, it was empty) One little boy shouted CANDY!!
After lunch we colored eggs and talked about our day. I love the look Caleb is giving his egg. Quinton enjoyed peeling and crumbling his egg on the table. Caleb really likes to eat hard-boiled eggs. The "cheese" in the middle is his favorite he says.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Is that Dino Dan egg dye? If so, I am extremely impressed. We had pirate egg dye here. :)

Anonymous said...

We're so glad you guys will be here for the summer! And I love the bewildered look on Caleb's face. Very cute.