Thursday, December 11, 2008

Duke "The Duke" Carpenter

Duke is doing much better this winter. Last year was his first time in Snow and he really hated it. In fact, I thought I would have to ship him back to AZ he was so miserable. But I sewed him a sweater,thanks to a donation from Mom Crandall, applied a little extra love and Duke got through it. He hasn't even needed his sweater yet this year. Although his trips outside are significantly shorter now-a-days. Since Duke recently had a birthday (Dec.8th) I thought it would be fun to have a little interview....


Eva: So your 5 years old now Duke. Doesn't that make you about 30 in doggy years?
Duke: Yep. Now I'm older than you.

Eva: Except you still act like a 2 year old. Speaking of 2 year olds, how are you and Caleb getting along these days?
Duke: Man...that kid wears me out! Can you please remind him that I'm not a horse?

Eva: I will. He loves playing with you and you are very patient with him. Do you like sleeping in his room now?

Duke: Yes, it's very cozy in there.

Eva: Now you were raised in AZ but actually born in Ohio?
Duke: Actually,I was born not far from here from a very good breeder. I'm pure bred you know.
Eva: Yes, yes how could we forget. You always get such great compliments when we go for walks.
Duke: I guess I'm a natural beauty.
Eva: So what's with eating Caleb's diapers? That's really gross.

Duke: It's an acquired taste

Eva: What's your favorite part of the day?

Duke: Napping.

Eva: But that's all you do.

Duke: Exactly

Eva: What's your least favorite thing?

Duke: Getting my nails trimmed
.
Eva: I can't believe how much you whine! You sound like I'm poking you with pins before I even get close to your nails.
Duke:
It's very traumatic
Eva: What is one word that describes you?

Duke: Stealthy
Eva: Yes, you are very sneaky. Good thing you are so cute.

No comments: