I'm not sure why...(rolling eyes) but I can't seem to get babies off the brain.
There is of course my own pending labor which I hope every sleepless night will start before my due date, but then there is Octomom all over the news and papers. So much so that you couldn't avoid reading about it if you tried. The situation bothers me but not as much as all the negative media surrounding it. I found this post by a mother of 5 that made me say"Amen". She put into her own words my feelings exactly.
My other thoughts surround the Freedom Of Choice Act. I've heard of it in the past and I admit it swayed my vote. Last night I did more research into it since I hear it could very well pass, reading from both pro-choice and pro-life perspectives to be fair, and I had to stop when I was almost in tears. I found the pro-choice perspective selfish (they call it reproductive freedom) and I could never justify abortion as a necessary evil. Let me pull out my soap box for the first time ever and say no matter what/whose political views you support, please help take action to make sure the FOCA bill does not pass. I'm not sure personally how to make an impact other than voicing my opinion but I did find this website: www.fightfoca.com
The End. I'm tucking my soap box back under my desk now.
2 comments:
Thank you, Eva. I'm glad my post was helpful to you! And I'll be saying a prayer for a safe and healthy delivery of your new baby! Wonderful!!
:)
Elizabeth Esther
thanks Eva! You can get on your soap box anytime!:)
Post a Comment