Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Project

I know what your thinking. "What are those crazy Carpenters up to now?" Well, we've been buying booze again but for a good cause this time. Clayton brought me home some yummy smelling Vanilla extract from the Dominican Republic and was so crushed when he found out later that it is only imitation vanilla. He thought he had gotten me the real deal. He has since become obsessed with vanilla beans. Madagascar, Tahitian, New Guinea. Get him started and he will talk your ear off for an hour. (Believe me)

So we are now brewing our own pure vanilla extract. Its sitting on our counter in a paper bag away from the light. We give it a good shake every now and then and it should be ready in about 3 months. We can't resist opening it now and then to take a good wiff. *Heavenly*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clayton and his booze, I thought that when he got married and moved to Cleveland he would stop that habit. I love the story about him going and buying that stuff!