Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Salsa

Every year Psi Omega has a salsa competition and Clayton has been practicing for months and all his hard work paid off. He won first place! I'm just glad he won because otherwise for the next 3 months I would be hearing about how he was robbed. Like last year.
He got a $50 gift certificate which he promptly used to buy an ice cream maker and a micro-plane. Pistachio ice cream, here I come.

Here is his winning recipe:

4 vine-ripened tomatoes, seeds removed and small diced
1 avocado small diced
2 serrano chiles minced
1/2 red onion, small diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
fresh lime juice
cilantro
salt and pepper

4 comments:

Sara said...

oooh thanks for the recipe. We just picked a bunch of tomatoes off our tomato plant!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Clayton!! Maybe I can get mom to make it sometime!

Jenny said...

Man, you guys are winners!

Linda C. said...

sounds good except for the cilantro--you know it is poisonous don't you!! Ha! Ha! Seriously, congratulations. I am impressed!