Monday, March 23, 2009

What happened?

I realized something the other day.
Caleb loves to fall asleep looking out his window. When I check on him at night I usually find him wrapped up in one of his favorite blankets from Grandma Crandall, his head resting on the window sill. I tuck him back in bed each night but lately I've had to do a lot more heaving and tugging to get him to his pillow. I'm realizing just how big and heavy he is getting. He's not my little boy anymore. I started getting sad thinking of how he will keep on growing and someday be too "big" to sit on my lap or hold my hand.
I do know one thing. My boys will never be too big to give Mom hugs and kisses.
No matter what they say.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still love that picture Eva... it was a tender moment!

Sara said...

He probably seems much bigger compared to Quinton too. Don't worry.....Megan and Zach still hug me. You have another 6 years if not more.

Rachel said...

OK, if you're just NOW feeling that way, and your boy is MUCH bigger than my Calvin... I think something might be wrong with me if I'm feeling the same way NOW! Calvin's only 8 months and is striving to be more independent every day! He HATES to cuddle and hug and it makes me long for the days when he was little and didn't mind those things! BY THE WAY, I never got around to congratulating you on your new little guy! He is positively gorgeous! Congrats!