Monday, April 20, 2009

Caleb is 3!

I can't believe my Caleb is Three. Clayton and I were watching videos taken just after we moved to Cleveland. He was barely walking and the only words he knew were Momma and Nose. As much as I miss that cute baby, I wouldn't trade him for the sweet boy I have now. Caleb makes us laugh every day. He is learning new words so fast and surprising us with the things he says. It reminds me to savor every moment with Quinton cuz before I know what happened, he will be just as big as Caleb.

It started off with a healthy lunch because our nutrition was going downhill from there.


Then my little Sous Chef made Vanilla ice cream to go on top of our dinner. That's right...dinner. Which was.....


Chocolate waffles topped with Hershey's syrup and vanilla ice cream. Could a boy be any happier?
We had lots of fun opening presents with family via web cam. Thank you for the gifts! He hasn't stopped playing with his new toys or listening to his favorite music.


Then I stayed up after Caleb went to bed to finish this guy:
Thomas the Tank engine.
He's kind of giving you the stink eye, but overall, I think he turned out pretty darn good.
I spent way too much time making this cake but it was all worth it to see his expression.
My worst fears were realized when Caleb's 5 year old, fellow Thomas obsessed friend, Taylor asked me, "You know Thomas only has 3 wheels right?" I had taken a few artistic liberties which I hoped would go unnoticed but you just can't fool these kids.
Make a wish....

8 comments:

Sara said...

Wow you are so good at making cakes! Happy Birthday Caleb!

Jenny said...

Awesome job on the cake Eva! And tell Squishy I say happy birthday again. I miss that baby!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun party- I like the chocolate waffles for dinner idea!

Jenn C. said...

Happy Birthday Caleb! I can't believe that he is 3. Eva, you are amazing! That cake is the cutest things ever. How do you have time to do such things?

Diana said...

Oh, I am so jealous of both meals... I think I would like the chocolate waffles most, though. It was so fun to see Caleb open his gifts on the web cam. Your Thomas cake is amazing. What talent. Happy Birthday Caleb!

Miriam said...

That cake was awesome! I didn't even know it was a cake at first. Very impressive. Had to laugh at Taylor's comment-he is a dedicated fan. I also laughed that you call Caleb squishy-the kid is so skinny I don't think he's got a squishy spot on him! :)

Happy Me said...

I can't believe he is three! And that cake is amazing Eva! You are so talented, and he is so cute!

HowellAZ said...

SOOOOOO glad to hear from you! We heard down the grapevine that you had another boy and were very excited for you! Its great to catch up with you guys, too. I love the picture of Caleb with the hat. And you did a fantastic job with the cake! Hopefully its starting to warm up for you guys - we hit out first 100 mark last week, but this weekend has been nice. Bring on the heat for the pregnant lady!