Tuesday, May 12, 2009

AZ


Flying went really well. Caleb got to sit in the cock pit and move the joy stick around. He was scared during take offs and landings but did very well in between. Quinton pretty much slept the whole time. When we got to Phoenix Caleb asked, "Another Plane?"
Stepping out of the airport felt like stepping into an oven. I have to admit, AZ is a lot uglier than I remember. Sure the desert can be very beautiful and you can't beat the sunsets here but I think I prefer the greenery, flowers and lakes of the east coast. Plus I love the architecture of the homes in Cleveland. I'm tired of these stucco ranches.

The thing Cleveland doesn't have though is family. It is SO nice to be around our families. I hardly ever have to hold Quinton and Caleb is loving playing with his cousins again.

After we landed we went to eat Mexican food with my Mom and Clayton's family. While eating I told Clayton the plane must have crashed because I'm in heaven. Cleveland's Mexican food just cannot compare!

Other things we have done that we can't do in Cleveland:

-Grocery shopping past midnight. (Everything in Cleveland shuts down at 9:00pm or earlier.)
-Jack in the Box 2 for 99 cents tacos. (Oh, how I missed you, craved those everyday when I was pregnant with Caleb).
-Wander around IKEA
-Go over 35 mph. 45 baby!!
-Tan, or in Eva's case, fry crispy
-Thoroughly enjoy cold showers

No comments: