Sooooo I'm really behind on my blogging but honestly, you haven't been missing much. Though Quinton did get his cast off last Monday so I'll be posting pictures of his cute little piggies soon.
Here are some videos from our trip to Dayton. We toured the Air Force base and visited with Clayton's cousin Chad and his wife Lindsey who is in Air Force intelligence. They have a beautiful little girl, Lauren who turns 1 soon. Too bad we were lame and forgot to take pictures of them.
Any who..... while on the base we went to see the combat dogs. They are amazing! This dogs name is Oowen. They double the first letter in their name if they were bred from a long line of combat dogs. They breed them over in Europe and ship 'em over. Listen at the end and you can hear Caleb saying, "My turn, my turn!"
These dogs get top notch medical and even dental care. One dog had received titanium dental implants. They brought out another dog who had already served in Iraq many times saving numerous lives when he detected a bomb before it went off near a troop of soldiers. These dogs are worth around $15,000 and serve for 7-9 years before they are retired. They usually get adopted by their trainers. I don't think Duke could cut it as a Military dog but it sure conjures a very funny mental picture.
4 comments:
wow that is cool
I like how Clayton's practically giggling through the whole thing. :)
Is that Clayton giggling? I think Duke would swagger out there, tail wagging, "Do I get a treat if I take him down?", "Wait, slow down."
Holy Cow! Lindsay and Chad live seriously 3 minutes away from me- walking! They're in our ward and I'm her visiting teacher!! What a small world! I'll have to tell her when I see her at church tomorrow. Next time you're in Dayton, we'll all have to get together! Lauren is so adorable =)
Post a Comment