Thursday, July 2, 2009

It's that time again...

CHERRY TIME!
Our cherry tree has again exploded with cherries. Unfortunately we had a lot of rain this past June so I only had 4 days of picking time before they all went moldy. No surplus of canned cherries this year. Though I did manage to dehydrate a batch for my awesome homemade granola.

I discovered the secret to getting Caleb to eat fresh fruit. Show him how to use the cherry-pitter! He ate 22 cherries for lunch that day.


Clayton and I arn't big fans of Cherry pie but Cherry Cobbler with Clayton's homemade vanilla ice cream? Yes please!
Caleb and I also experimented making fresh cherry-chip cupcakes with vanilla Swiss Buttercream. My little Sous Chef



y
u
m
!

3 comments:

Diana said...

Recipes, please!!! We need a cherry pitter badly. My fingers can only stand so much pitting for my boys...

Jenny said...

Oh, how I miss you guys! Caleb is so big, it still messes me up. And Eva, you do know that cherry chip is my favorite kind of cake, right? ;)

paula said...

We love Cherries, I'm so jealous