Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Still smiling


As you can see, Quinton is doing really well. The surgery went great. Dr. Thompson said Quinton's heel dropped right into place as soon as he cut the tendon. He was, of course, the cutest baby there. (I might be biased though) The RN's couldn't get enough of him. They said he didn't even cry when they started to put him under.
The night before surgery wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Quinton and I were still up all night but he was happy enough with his pacifier. No screaming or crying. Thank you for the prayers!
He'll have this cast for 3 weeks and then get a shiny new pair of braces.

SO since this is the last cast...what should we draw? Leave your suggestions.

8 comments:

Emily Hughes said...

That baby is so cute! I can hardly stand it! Draw an elephant for me.

Diana said...

I'm so happy all went well. Andrew says to draw Earth. How about something educational? The alphabet? Shapes? You can't start too soon :)

Jenny said...

Ooh I second that motion. If I could draw, I probably would have put that on when you guys were down here. :) That's a great picture of Baby Q!

Jenny said...

I mean the elephant. I posted before I saw Diana's comment. Whoops! :)

Linda C. said...

I like the Grammy tattoo (instead of Mom):) I just want to squeeze him he is so cute!

Jenn C. said...

He is so cute! I am so glad that everything went so well!

paula said...

Okay, I'm probably too late, but how about a super hero with a Q on his chest for super Quinton, since he did such a great job with the surgery? He is such a cutie. I love when they start smiling back.

Sara said...

i'm glad everything went well. I couldn't imagine a baby not eating for 8 hours in a row. I'm glad he was happy during that time! Draw a chicken. I just read Emily's post and so chickens are on my mind.