Sunday, August 9, 2009

Clayton is 29!

We started off by going to Big Al's for lunch. Michael Symon announced Big Al's as the best corned beef hash he has ever had and we are lucky enough to have it just down the street.
Quinton certainly thought it looked good enough to eat.
(Side note: the lady in the background is a little bit crazy. I have no idea who she is but every time we run into each other on Larchmere she tells me I'm the best mother in the world and I deserve a raise. I don't know her, but I like her.)
Next was opening presents. Here is Clayton proudly demonstrating his new pizza peel. Look how happy Caleb is getting his licks. Other presents included new dress pants and money for new dress shoes. (I'm trying my hardest to turn him into a professional) A framed picture of us for his cubical so he can show us off to his patients and he bought himself a new watch.

Dessert was vanilla wafer banana pudding deconstructed.
We were all out of birthday candles so we had to improvise.For Clayton's birthday dinner I had grand plans of buying a live lobster as a surprise and filming while he opened it hoping to get a good reaction . However I could never quite time it right as far as when to buy it while he wasn't around so I gave up and told him we were going to Giant Eagle to buy him a lobster.
We were a little worried about Caleb's reaction since seeing the lobsters at the grocery store is one of his favorite things. Right off the bat we told him we were buying a lobster so we could take it home and eat it. He seemed excited about the idea and didn't have a problem until we got home, took him out of the box and put him on the counter. Caleb ate the lobster though and admitted after wards that he doesn't like "walking lobsters" but dead ones are ok.



Pinchy
R.I.P. 8/5/09

5 comments:

Sara said...

Happy 29th B-day enjoy your last year of youth. J/K Hope it was a good one. I like what Caleb said about the walking lobsters. That would be pretty scary having a big thing with pinchers moving!

Diana said...

Happy Birthday Clayton! It sounds like quite the fun day. Oh man, you are brave buying and cooking the lobster!

Emily Hughes said...

lol...Pinchy. Lol...Caleb's reaction to a Lobster dinner!!

The Powell-Mirci Family! said...

Ewwe!! But I hear it is quite tasty if you like that kind of stuff. Happy Birthday Clayton!

seth said...

alas, poor pinchy... we hardly knew ye...