Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Smells like school

You smell that? School is coming. That means someone else gets to give Caleb wholesome entertainment for 3 1/2 hours. (I'm a little excited)
Mostly I'm so happy Caleb will be making friends other than Mom, Dad and Ethan (a.k.a Micro-chip)
I've been steadily preparing him for what school will be like and he has picked up on the idea. Now he insists everyday that "It's time to go to school". "Come on Momma, we have to go to school!"
Clayton downloaded They Might Be Giants-Here come the 123's and when Caleb hears the music start, he runs and gets his back pack on.

The video shows what Caleb considers to be the bare necessities for school.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

He's so big! Hope he has a great first day! :)

Sara said...

That's awesome! Just you and the baby. Me too. It's amazing how I miss Nathan talking to me. I am here in the home with silence. Which I like too but still miss Nathan playing games with me and little voices every once and awhile. When it gets cooler I can venture out with my friends to parks or something.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Caleb! What a big boy to be going to school! You will love school! Thanks for keeping up on your blog, Eva. We love reading about you all and seeing you all in pictures. I got your flight schedule for December . . can hardly wait to see you all!

Linda C. said...

I love watching the videos!! (Especially the I love grandma part!) Can't wait to hug and kiss on all of you in Dec.

paula said...

Preschool. Lots of fun for everyone, mom too.

I have a cooking question for you. I was watching a show and they covered a pan with plastic wrap and then foil, I guess to hold in more moisture, then put it in the oven to cook. How come the plastic doesn't melt in the oven and have you ever tried this technique?