This is him, right after coming home
So, I had to run to our neighborhood Dave's grocery store for a couple of things for Eva (This is Clayton writing... I know, *gasp*) and I decided to take the Quinton with me. He was sitting in the cart and was pretty happy for the first few minutes. During that time he drew comments from no fewer than 4 female shoppers and workers, plus a few people that just talked about him as they passed by. Soon the happy time was over and he was crying. I hurried to grab the last couple of things, and got in line. One of the previous commentors came by to remark in a baby voice that he was not happy any more. Our cashier said something about loving babies. As I paid, one of the other cashiers handed this over to me with a smile.
Now, I can't honestly say which was my first thought, but it was either, "wow, that is a really kind gesture from a very nice person," or, "Do you actually think I would give this to my baby?" My mind flashed back to images of the kids I saw in the local schools during our dental sealants program. I wondered if this was a normal thing to give to a 6 month old, then I noticed the warning on the package.
It would appear that the local Dave's cashier is not the only one in need of clarification as to the appropriate consumer of this product. Further evidence that obvious warning labels on products are every bit as much needed as they are ineffective.
Ok, so hopefully this was not too wordy. I know what some of you are thinking, "It's already happened, he has become one of those candy-hating, dental floss-advocating dentist types." You may be right, but mostly I enjoy ranting about random things that amuse me. Oh, and for the record, fruit sugar will rot your teeth too.
3 comments:
Thanks for the laugh! Even more funny since you are in dental school. I love your random writing. :)
I like the huge "Gingivitis" placemat in the background...
Jenny you beat me to it! I was going to comment on the placemat too!! We still love you and all your quirkiness Clayton!
Post a Comment