6:00am- wake up, finish packing load kids in car Flight leaves at 8:50
7:00- Dad drops us off at airport. love you Dad, miss you already
7:10- waiting in line to check in. Caleb starts doing potty dance. Get out of line.
Potty break #1
7:20- check in Get through security and catch a ride to gate C18.
7:30- All is well. Eat Cinnabon for breakfast. Whats that sign say? Dang, flight delayed
but I can still make my connecting flight
Potty break #2
8:00- Dang. Flight delayed again. Put us on a new flight to Chicago that leaves at 1:15.
8:15-12:30pm-Make the long trek to gate D7 on the other side of the airport. Pay way too much money for disappointing Mexican food. (why am I surprised?)
Potty breaks #3,4 & 5.
So glad I had a back pack full of activities for Caleb. Quinton slept on airport chair for an hour. Changed his diaper behind the chairs where no one could see us because I didn't feel like "loading up" and hiking back to the bathroom for a 6th time.
1:15- leave PHX Sit next to very friendly but very large retired Fire fighter Captain (potty break #6 on plane) Kids are pretty good. Quinton is his usual wiggly, twirly self. Arrive in Chicago 5:30 local time Next flight scheduled @ 7:25
6:00- flight delayed until 8:25
Potty break #7
Head to food court. Buy smoothie appropriately named Life's a Beach.
Potty break #8
Pluck out gray hair sticking straight out of my head I swear wasn't there a few hours ago. Head back to gate
8:25- Voice over intercom says plane is here but they are moving us to another gate. Load up and move to next gate. As plane is pulling up to gate, Caleb starts doing the potty dance again.
Run to Potty break #9
8:40- finally start to board. Older gentleman who obviously has Alzheimer's is practically running over his daughter insisting on getting on the plane and starts to go down tunnel. Boarding stops while flight crew coaxes gentlemen out of tunnel. Convince him to stand to the side and boarding continues.
9:00- everyone is seated but we are waiting for all the luggage to be located and loaded. (Take your time.Last thing I want is my suitcase lost)
9:05- We are 4th in line to take off.
11:35pm- local time Arrive in Cleveland. Very last off plane because I can't wake up Caleb. Meanwhile Quinton has been bouncing off the wall the entire flight. 2 flight attendants help and we walk a long ways to baggage claim. Do happy dance since luggage isn't lost
12:00 midnight- Hurray!! Daddy's here!! and with hot chocolate too.
All in all 15 hours of airports,airplanes and potty's. But it was worth the 3 fabulous, fun-filled weeks in Sunny Arizona which I'll be blogging about soon once the jet-lag wears off.
7 comments:
Sheesh--that sounds nasty! Glad you guys made it back ok!
no fun. I would have a gray hair too!
Wow, you deserve a medal. Next time, Clayton's turn.
So glad you made it home safely, and sane!
what a very LONG day!! glad you made it home safe
Oh man! I would have passed out! You are a brave woman.
I am so glad that you made it home finally. We had fun with you and your kiddos. Your airport experience sounds like childbirth. It's a lot of hard work that you know will eventually end and become a bittersweet memory. It made the hot chocolate at the end so much sweeter I bet. How thoughtful of Clayton.
Post a Comment