Monday, February 15, 2010

I feel so loved

I spied this in Caleb's classroom
We had a very nice Valentine's Day. My apologies to our family who has not received any Valentine's. I couldn't get Caleb excited about making some or even picking some out from the store. I'll try and motivate him again tomorrow otherwise you may receive some forged ones from me.
Clayton and I enjoyed a romantic dinner at home. At least as a romantic as it could be with two, wiggly, whiny, boogery, don't-want-to-eat-my-vegetables, kids. We did manage to have some candles lit and romantic music playing. Caleb enjoyed drinking his milk out of a wine glass.
We smoked a rib-eye steak in Clayton's new stove-top smoker he got as a present. Served with Beurre Blanc sauce. I made a salad with strawberries, apples, orange dressing and candied bacon. And of course, my favorite, garlic mashed potatoes. Dessert was homemade Blackberry ice cream.

5 comments:

Diana said...

Um, can I come over for dinner? It sounds like it was wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I second that!

Sara said...

I can't wait to visit you guys in the summer! Maybe you can save some of your yummy recipes for us to try--they sound so good! I had a good laugh at what Caleb said. Too funny!

seth said...

i love caleb's answer, although connor's is a close second.

i like that it's "the dragon". he clearly has a specific dragon in mind, not just dragons in general.

Jonny, Christi, and Kids said...

Orange dressing and candied bacon sound so delicious! Will you share your recipes? :)

Please,please,please!

Caleb is a funny kid. I'm glad you got a picture of that. Do you know which dragon he is referring to?