Recently I've been making batches of cookie dough, scooping them into balls and freezing them for quick summer treats. Caleb really wanted some double chocolate cookies and I found this recipe at one of my favorite blogs. I left out the raisins because I'm a firm believer that raisins have no business being in cookies. ( I'm looking at you Oatmeal chocolate chip)
I do believe in delicious walnuts for cookies. I wasn't always this way. I loathed nuts of any kind in my baked goods until I was converted sometime in Junior High. Now that I think about it, I think my Mom purposely put walnuts in the cookies and brownies so she wouldn't have to share. I know your secret now Mom! I distinctly remember her taking a big bite and saying something like,"Oh this tastes awful, you better not eat it."
Though, most of the time she was nice and put the nuts on only half of the brownies.
3 comments:
I agree about the raisins. They should not be allowed in ANY baked goods. Your Mom and I had some of the same tricks.
I beg to disagree. I LOVE raisins in just about anything. Oatmeal RAISIN cookies. Hello. But you are the master, so I will have to ponder that one a bit.
I copied the cookie recipe and added the site to my favorites. Hey if Eva likes it, it has to be good.
Count yourself lucky to not be sweating it out in AZ, I think it is supposed to be 112 today. Duke would not like it:)
Aunt Paula, I should Clarify. I love raisins too. They are an awesome snack and they make a rice pilaf 5 times better. But there is something about raisins in carrot cake and cookies that just grosses me out.
Post a Comment