Sunday, May 1, 2011

Cake classes

I took some time off awhile back to cash in a Christmas present and drove to Columbus for some cake decorating classes. It was nice to get away and do something just for me. On the way there I experienced every type of weather. Rain, snow, cold, then sunny and warm, even had hail. Very strange.

The instructors Norman and Zane, have been in several Food Network challenges. (Hint they are the ones that had the Monster Inc. creation fall on them)

Here is what I made:
Modeling fondant and making figurines

Painting on cakes
Zane holding up my cake to the show the class. I had 5 women ask if they could take pictures of it. Yeah, my head was really big that day. Surprised I made it out the door
I learned a lot from these guys and they were so nice... and funny! Hopefully I can get my business going again after we move so I can practice my new skills.

1 comment:

Holly said...

great cakes! what a great idea for a gift!