Wednesday, June 22, 2011

We made it! (sort of)

beginnings of Spring in Ohio
  Well we made it to AZ. Actually we arrived about 3 weeks ago but the amount of traveling we have been doing takes a long recovery. 
  We stopped in Gallup NM  for a few days to check out the area, see Clayton's new work and find a house for rent. We learned a lot while there and I think we will fit in there nicely. Clayton's Aunt and Uncle live in Gallup and they were excellent hosts while we stayed there.We felt very at home.
   The weather is perfect. It's considered "high desert" so there are still lots of trees and little cactus. I saw some good hiking mountains and there are lots of neat Indian ruins and other things close buy to explore. 
   There were 0 places for rent so we weren't sure what we were going to do but we had some great blessings happen where some things just fell into place and everything is working out. We are excited to be moving into our new home. The past few weeks have felt a little like floating in space. Wandering aimlessly, looking for things to keep us occupied. ( Caleb has his cousins to play with and his uncles stash of legos, so he is good) Plus its never a good idea to be without work for so long, including house work, though I try to pitch in when I can at my in-laws.
   Clayton and I were talking yesterday about how this is probably the only real vacation time we will have this year so we should use it. We thought of California and the beach but neither of us are looking forward to more long car drives. If it was just the two of us maybe, but it wears on our kids who eventually wear on us.     
   So we are making it a Stay-cation. Checking out the fun, cool things here around the Phoenix area. So far visiting our old favorite taco places has not worked out since they have all closed. But we will find new ones.
  Last weekend we had a Crandall Reunion. The first one in 20 years. Two of my sisters put it together and it was a huge success.
   It has been a wonderful visit and I'm so glad to be here with family but I am itching to get settled into a more permanent place that we can call our own. Hopefully the next move won't be for a long time!


1 comment:

Dan and Sarah said...

So, thats what New Mexico looks like! I am glad that it will work out for you to live in Gallup,NM!(picture please). I can only imagine the nice warm breezes and cool evenings...Ideal!