Sunday, March 9, 2008

Snow Day

Wow, we got a lot of snow this week, especially in the past 2 days. At the beginning of the week it was just icy and wet snow.


Clayton had to go to school this morning and by the time he was done there was more than a foot of snow outside. He got stuck 4 times on the way home and a trip that usually take 5 min. took about 45. Then he had to shovel for an hour just to get the car in the driveway.
I took Caleb and Duke out earlier thinking we could have some fun but they didn't like it very much. I guess we are all wusses.
By night time we were buried pretty deep.
Poor Duke still needed to go outside to do his thing. As Clayton put it, there is a reason they didn't use Basset Hounds as sled dogs.
I was really really glad there were some good movies on last night. Pride and Prejudice! I'd like to say that since we couldn't go anywhere, I took this opportunity to catch up on some much needed organizing but that didn't happen. I did start on my taxes though. We got a call saying that church was canceled which was strange.
I've never had church canceled before.
Good news is the next week is going to really warm up and we will be seeing a lot of sun.
If only Spring could get here a little faster!

No comments: