Thursday, July 2, 2009

Close encounters

The kids were driving me nuts. So, I tried to channel Caleb's energy into making cookies. Needless to say, he was an angel after that. I took a great Chocolate chip cookie recipe and substituted half of the butter for peanut butter. (I have a plethora of PB and am always looking for an excuse to use it) I chopped up a half-eaten almond Hershey bar for the chocolate chips and wha-la. A delicious treat only to be enjoyed on the porch during a cloudy summer day. Grumpy Quintons optional.

A Squirrel decided to crash our afternoon retreat and eye our cookies. He was kind of cute (all part of his plan, I'm sure) but you can tell from my voice I was very concerned about Caleb getting too close. It's not uncommon to have rabid squirrels in Cleveland. We named him Hammy


2 comments:

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

"He has...ears!" Haha, I love it. Good job Caleb! :)