Friday, July 17, 2009

Garden progress

I'm so happy to announce the garden is flourishing and we have already gotten some fresh veggies. Here is the before shot

Sis. Jordan is right, there really is something magical about the soil in this plot because something I planted GREW! And it was significantly more impressive than
last year's crop.

Did I mention that these are non-hybrid seeds? Meaning if I manage to harvest seeds from this crop and plant them next year,(and they actually grow) I'll have started my own heirloom garden. Awesome!!!

Caleb showing off our radishes and banana peppers.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

And will Caleb actually eat those?! That's wonderful... I'm still surprised that we are getting tomatoes from the ones MOM planted!

Joe and Maegen Cruz Family said...

Hey there that is so exciting1 we might plant one coming this fall! ill be ahppy for a single bannas pepper. you guys look great especially you eva after having a baby keep it up take care

Anonymous said...

Neat!

Sara said...

that's cool! My tomato plants were good until the summer hit and then they dried up and died!

Amy said...

Wow...things that grow. I'm so jealous. I'm going to go back and look at my cactus now. :-)

Jenn C. said...

That looks like an awesome garden. Is there anything that you cannot do? You are a great example for all of us.