Monday, July 20, 2009

Last Monday Quinton started scratching his face really hard and rubbing it on anything he could come in contact with. His face started getting red and bumpy and soon he had a rash all over his cheeks. We took a picture when we first noticed it. (though the red doesn't show up very well in the photo) 3 days later it was 3 times worse. It had spread to his arms, neck and ears. The worst part is he was soooo fussy. He couldn't get comfortable therefore no sleep , therefore no sleep for us either. It was a rough 4 days. Finally I called the doctor and described what was going on and she said to bring him in.
Diagnosis: Excema
He is allergic to something. We 've changed all our soap, lotion and laundry detergent to see if that makes a difference. He is on an anti-itch medication and we have been applying lots of Cortisone cream. The difference is amazing. I'm so glad to have our happy baby boy back.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Poor Quinton--I know what he's going through. He's still stinkin cute though! :)

Diana said...

Oh no, the eczema bug strikes again! So sorry, it runs in the family. I hope you find out what triggered it for him.

paula said...

Poor baby. It is so hard when they are hurting (or itching) and you can't seem to help. I have trouble with fabric softner sheets. If we spend the night somewhere and the pillowcase has something on it, my face gets super red and blochy, lovely. Glad he is feeling better.