Sunday, April 25, 2010

I hate socks

I'm sick of getting screwed over by the sock manufacturers. Yes, sorry this is a rant (clayton). First, it seems like they can't make little kid socks in a standardized way. We bought a pack of socks, it had about 6 pairs and they each had a distinct pattern (red band, black band, two black stripes, etc.) Great idea if you actually had a reason to keep the pairs consistent, like if you had six kids and each one got their very own pair of socks and you were afraid of the transmission of fungi. In reality it just makes folding laundry 15 times more time consuming, and more difficult to do while watching tv. I have a solution thought, my way of sticking it to the man. I just put two socks on Quinton, and don't care if they match. Honestly, he will have them off in 45 seconds anyway.

Now for the adult sock rant. Who decided that the standard size for socks should be in the 6-12 range. I'm sure back when we were wearing tube socks a few inches didn't make much difference. Sure those 6-12's will stretch to cover my size 12's, as long as I don't walk with shoes covering them. All of my "low profile" socks turn into "no show" socks providing extra uncomfortable arch support and no heel support. I'm just glad I have a break coming up and it is warm enough to wear flip flops.

4 comments:

Rachel's Pregnancy Pictures said...

I have had this gripe for a long time. The other day I collected all of our children's socks (about seventy individual socks) and found only five matches! I have seriously considered throwing ALL of our socks out and buying about twenty bags of ONE kind of sock that Logan and I agree on, and ONE kind of generic sock for the kids... That is my kind of happiness.

Rach

Linda C. said...

I agree! How can a range of 6-12 logically work anyway? All of these sock manufacturers must have little feet or they would do something about it!

paula said...

I have a suggestion for the sock dilema. (did I spell that right?) Oh, yes. I buy a certian type of sock for each person in the family. Like, only Sterling wears grey toe, ankle socks. Trevor only wore all white ankle and Brendon liked crew length, so his were different. It really helped in the sock dept when sorting.
Wait until you have a girl, their's come in all kinds of colors and styles.

Anonymous said...

I totally agree about the socks that become arch support & with no heel protection. Maybe if we all band together we can make something happen!