A week ago Caleb came home from school and raced to his bedroom. He came out saying he hid my present under his bed and I was NOT allowed to look under there. I'm just surprised he managed to not spill the beans until Mother's Day. Sure enough I woke up Sunday morning with Caleb standing right by my bed where he gave me a huge smile and gave me my presents. A tote bag with a picture he drew of our family and a very cute card. (I kind of wondered if he was just standing there awhile waiting for me to wake up.)
Mother's Day I got a chocolate bar from church and we made Baked French Toast for lunch. Clayton made me dinner and had bought some of my favorite root beer. The best part was he cleaned up the kitchen after wards.
For my gift he bought me a really nice sheet set. I know it sounds like a weird gift but I have been really wanting new sheets for a long time but the old ones weren't quite worn out enough to justify buying new ones. I also scheduled myself for a massage on Tuesday and it was heavenly. If only I could afford those every month...
This weekend also had some disappointments. We have been working on breaking our lease for a while now. I've been really hesitant to just move out because I want to make absolutely sure we aren't going to lose our $750 security deposit. Our friends down the street are about to move into a new home and said they would rent their house to us. Originally they said they would keep the rent close to what we are paying now but last Saturday he said he had to make it about $200 more a month than what we are spending. Yikes! So we had to decline. We drove around writing down phone numbers for different apartments and will start calling on them tomorrow.
Despite that, a very nice weekend.
1 comment:
I didn't know you were looking! You could have moved next to here!!!
Post a Comment