The Cherries are ready!
Caleb had a friend over today and they danced around the tree grabbing handfuls of cherries to fill their bucket. I showed them how to use the cherry-pitter and we sat in the shade while they took turns pitting cherries and devouring them. I was busy keeping Quinton from snacking on the half-rotten cherries from the driveway. Turns out its a full-time job. Its a big Cherry tree.
The best part was not worrying about a certain neighbors dogs coming out and terrorizing our sweet summer moment.
Why? She and I had a heated discussion in the stairwell last Tuesday. Her dog had bitten me again for the 3rd time and I called the City of Shaker Heights to report it to Animal Control.
I should have done it a year ago.
As guilty as I felt telling off a little old lady. It felt sooo good to get over a year's worth of frustration off my chest. And besides, she seriously needed a reality check.
But its all under the bridge now as they say. We are moving in less than 3 weeks and signing a new contract tonight. The new place is great with even better neighbors. The only bad news is we get an electric stove instead of gas.
4 comments:
Good for you, Eva. You put up with the dog much longer than I would have. The cherry picking sounded fun!! Great memories! All things considered I would put up with electric.
Those cherries sound great! Good for you for finding a better place to live.
i don't know... i'd probably let a dog bite me every once in a while in exchange for a gas range :P
Way to stand up to that lady! I need to do that more often. Glad you found a new place to rent-hope you guys love it there!
Post a Comment