Friday, July 23, 2010

surprise fiesta


We were asked by our friend Dan to help plan a surprise party for his wife, Sarah. We eagerly agreed and set to work planning a house warming party (that was really a surprise party. ) I asked Sarah to co-host with me.
There was a fiasco with Evite. I sent out the Fiesta invitations to everyone including the birthday girl and then tried to send a separate invitation to everyone except the birthday girl saying that the fiesta was really a surprise party. Somehow, things went very wrong and I ended up sending the surprise party invitation to Sarah, but luckily Dan saw it in time to delete it. *phew*
Sarah helped me with decorations and we all made a ton of delicious Mexican food.
When the party was just starting to get into full swing and I thought we were all going to surprise Sarah and sing her Happy Birthday, Clayton and Dan called us both up and gave us Sombreros and roses and everyone wished us both a Happy Birthday! Double surprise!!
Those sneaky fellas. They even managed to get us to organize our own party.
They are good. Reeeeal gooood.







Nora showing us how to wack a pinata.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Man, that is sneaky. I love the picture of the line of kids before and after the slide. :)