Saturday we drove to Pittsburgh so Clayton and Seth could go to the reunion concert of Julianna Theory. The hotel was really grungy. The elevator smelled like a mix of barf and perm chemicals. We walked into our room which reeked of smoke and one of the beds didn't have any sheets or bedding and the wall-mounted night stand had been ripped off the wall. We went back downstairs (we used the stairs this time) and got a new room. It was a big improvement but the bathroom shower curtain smelled like urine. I guess that's what you get for $60/night in Pittsburgh. We stopped at Primenti Bros. who are famous for their sandwiches.
Why yes, that is coleslaw and french fries IN my sandwich and it is fabulous!
We also visited the Children's Museum which is supposed to be one of the best in the country. I would have to agree! They had some awesome exhibits and we, the adults, had just as much fun discovering as the boys.
Why yes, that is coleslaw and french fries IN my sandwich and it is fabulous!
And of course, whats a visit to Pittsburgh without stopping at Ikea? I found the layout for my dream kitchen. Not crazy about the cupboards or countertops but the rest is just about perfect.Sunday before we headed back to Cleveland we stopped at the Duquense Incline. Built in 1877 it transported people from the top of the valley down to the river's edge. It really was a beautiful sight which I will post more pictures of later.
View from the top of the incline
Monday Clayton had to return to school but we paid him a visit before I took Seth back to the airport.
2 comments:
Looks like a fun trip! We go to Pittsburgh sometimes to visit friends there, and we'll have to stop by that sandwich place--yum!
Looks like a fun trip. The museum and the food look amazing.
Post a Comment