Friday, December 10, 2010

Thanksgiving NY trip

  We packed up the kids and drove about 10 hours to Long Island to visit some friends who just moved there last July. I noticed going through Pennsylvania that someone had put red noses on the deer  crossing signs. Pretty cute.
The kids did great in the car until the last few miles where we were going about 5-10 miles per hour for little over an  hour. They lost their patience pretty quick and Clayton and I were not to far behind. But we made it and we had such a good time. My only complaint would be the taking of strollers on the subway. Does not work. At all.
   Wednesday we strolled around the city grabbing bites to eat and seeing the sites. We took the Staten island ferry so the boys could ride on a boat and pass by the Statue of Liberty. While we waited for the Ferry, Caleb chased around a pigeon that had gotten inside.




We went to see the Macy's Day parade floats getting inflated and it was better than the actual parade I thought. (Granted I've never been to the parade but I hate crowds) We got to get up close to the floats. Quinton passed out somewhere in Chinatown and missed the whole thing.






Riding the Long Island Train. Caleb and I made a record three time run between cars to use the bathroom.
While riding the subway we heard a really weird kid singing to himself, saw a man with his pants ripped open, sat near a really smelly Asian guy and saw a very pretty Transvestite( He almost had me fooled).
 Thanksgiving Day Sheena and I sweated and worked to produce an awesome feast while the men played video games and ignored the kids. We each weighed ourselves and then chowed down. We weighed ourselves again after we couldn't eat anymore and Dave calculated out the percentage of weight each person gained and Sheena was the winner. Caleb came in second and I came in last despite my efforts. We lounged around the house and watched Toy Story 3.The little boys played well together and some time that night Quinton and Caleb tried to stuff themselves into little storage ottomans which was pretty entertaining. Then after the kids went to bed the adults stayed up talking until about 2 am. It was a great Day.



  Friday morning we packed up the car again, ate leftovers, I ran around outside playing Tag with the kids and then we started our journey back to Cleveland. The kids eventually fell asleep in their car seats as the night came on. Clayton and I had an opportunity to talk about anything and everything with no interruptions.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I love road trips! That sounds like an awesome one!

Diana said...

Sounds like a fun Thanksgiving (except the strollers). I love that you all weighed yourselves before and after the feast!