Friday, January 28, 2011

Cure for winter boredom

 Eva here with some wallet-friendly ways to save on your winter fun and keep things exciting during the cold, boring months because come January, winter really seems to drag on...forever.

A few suggestions are:
Chuck gigantic icicle javalins from your 2nd story bathroom window

Take a train ride downtown and back. Kids 5 and under are free!
Empty out your brother's drawers...

 and take a nice winter nap
 
Use every cushion in the house to make a super long slide down the stairs


Take your dog for a brisk walk. 
You can see why Duke is excited to be back in AZ.


4 comments:

Beth said...

Ha ha ha. I love it, Eva!

Jenny said...

My personal favorites are the Quinton-in-the-drawer and awesome cushion slide. If only we had stairs...

paula said...

In some ways, I'm so jealous. I loved the snow, when I was a kid. But, you have had A LOT of winter this year.

Love, Love, Love the sleeping in the drawer picture. I seem to recall a picture of either Clayton or Seth at about that age, draped over the toilet, sound asleep.

Jonny, Christi, and Kids said...

My kids are saying "Whoooooah" They want to be with you but only if I can beam them back shortly after.