I have been feeling really sick the past 2 days but I'm starting to feel better which means, of course, poor Clayton is starting to not feel well. I did manage to hang up some pictures which instantly made the house more our home. I had to chuckle because our pictures have been boxed up for over a year. (I didn't bother to put them up in our last place because we were only there for 10 months)I took them out and they are soooooo out of date. I don't think poor Quinton has any pictures that I can hang. I'll have to remedy that quick!
I've decided that I would have made a terrible wife in the 50's because staying home with no car while the husband goes to work is just not for me. Granted I have plenty to do but there are moments when I feel absolutely batty. I have been baking a lot more. I made a version of Irish Soda bread that was more like Irish soda cake and reaffirmed that raisins do NOT belong in baked goods. Other than that (and the caraway seeds) it was actually a very good, moist cake.
Clayton has started seeing patients this week. He said he saw a really cute little Navajo girl today about 4 with a cavity in every tooth. So sad!!
Caleb loves his "cousins"(actually Clayton's cousins) and worships the ground they walk on. I think he is going to love walking home from school with his cousin every day.
Quinton is saying new words everyday and pronouncing better too. Just today he burped and I said "Excuse you". He furrowed his brow and repeated it back, "Scoooz me?" Then he pretended to burp and say "Scooz me," a few more times.Today I both started and stopped potty training Quinton. Still not ready to leap that hurdle.
| Ahhhhhh...carpet |
Duke loves the weather here and spends considerable time sun-bathing. He holds conversations with the neighborhood dogs every now and then. He learned pretty quick not to eat the artificial grass. (Not so easy on the digestion)
I had my birthday and turned 28. It was a nice birthday. I got a lot of things to help me with my projects after Caleb starts school. I chose donuts instead of a cake this year so the next morning we all went to Glenn's bakery here in Gallup and ate a good variety.
| Boys are always ready to unwrap presents |
| Duke giving me birthday love |
3 comments:
Don't be hard on yourself. You'll get settled in eventually. (: It always takes us months after moving before there aren't boxes everywhere in sight. Hope you guys like it there. It looks like a beautiful place!
Happy birthday, Eva! I want to hear more about your upcoming projects. And I assume the car situation will eventually be remedied?
I'm laughing at the 50's housewife comment. I can totally relate!
Post a Comment