Caleb started kindergarten this week and is loving it! It has been so nice being close to the school so we can walk together each day. Duke gets to come along too and is getting to be quite popular. Soon Caleb will start walking home with his cousin which is so much more cool than walking home with Mom.
Each day we get better and better at our morning routine. For one I'm up with Clayton at around 6:00am. I pack Caleb and Clayton their lunches. Quinton stays asleep like a good boy. Caleb and I read scriptures together. He even asks questions when we are done. It has been such a nice way to start the day. We eat breakfast, get dressed, put sleepy Quinton in the stroller, leash Duke, and we're off.
I've been enjoying having one on one time with Quinton each day. Today we relaxed in the hammock in the shade and cuddled. With Quinton! I KNOW! Unbelievable, he just laid there with his head on my shoulder while I sang him a song. I started potty training Quinton and it is going ok. We are at about a 50% success rate right now.
Quinton can repeat words really well now so we have him say prayers and it is just so cute! Clayton and I can't help but giggle during the prayer which gets us in trouble with Caleb because you are NOT supposed to laugh during prayers.
I'm trying to remember all the funny things that Caleb has said since we moved here:
We went to get donuts for my birthday and before taking his first bite Caleb says excitedly, "Chocolate, here I come!"
Caleb gave Clayton a hug and says, "UGH you're so pokey!" I tell him that some day he will grow hair on his face just like Dad and he moans, "Then I'll just be a porcupine."
Clayton gives me a kiss and Caleb says, " Dad, kissing is the same thing as spitting."
4 comments:
A Quinton cuddle? Not sure I believe it. Pics or it didn't happen.
Remember kissing is just like spitting... oh that was priceless!
Ha ha, kissing is the same as spitting. That's great.
Aww! I can imagine your little guy saying prayers. So cute! We're potty training the youngest right now, too. Fun, fun, fun!
Yay for the beginning of the school year! I bet Caleb is having so much fun, especially since he is the cool kid with the dog. I'm so glad you're getting all settled. I agree with Seth - need pictures! (probably impossible to get a good cuddle picture taken, though)
Post a Comment